Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meanwhile Back at the Ranch

Brigette sent me this play by play of what the kids did before Jake came to get them to meet their new brother.  I am so happy to have it.  I know the kids will love to go back and read about their reactions to Dantley joining the family.

This is all copied and pasted straight from Brigette's email --


So - shortly after you guys left for the hospital... I started taking notes of the goings on - behind the scenes so to speak!

2:26 am -- Trey woke up and was running about upstairs saying, "Mom...? Mommy...?" When I went up there, he told me his nose woke him up and was bloody. We got his face cleaned up and then he very decriptively explained how to fashion a tissue into a plug to go in his nose -- so cute -- he introduced me to Scotty before crawling back into bed saying "this is Scotty, I hope he won't be mean to you." I checked on the girls who were both fast asleep and went back downstairs where I fell asleep...

6:34 am -- the phone rang, it was you sharing such exciting news! I was thinking it would happen sometime soon... especially since finding out that at 9 months pregnant you decided to paint and decorate in your bathroom -- a sure sign that this new baby would make an appearance soon!

around 7:30 or so -- I heard footsteps upstairs and someone flushed the toilet. Trey came downstairs calling for you... he surprisingly wasn't shocked to see me there. I asked him if his sisters were up (as Scotty ran by again) to which he replied "that's Scotty..." again cute. I went in to check on Tasha and Tamsyn they were awake and talking to each other - when I walked in
TASHA said, "huh?! - oh my, did my mom go to the hospital?!"
ME - "yes, you have a new baby brother -- he was born last night around 3:30 and his name was Dantley Jacob"
TASHA - sitting down to compose herself, "I can't believe Mommy had the baby" with a smile on her face...
TAMSYN - "I got this new Webkinz" showing me her camel
TREY - "Where is mommy?"
TASHA - "I'm so excited to meet him!"
ME to Trey - "Mommy went to the hospital"
TAMSYN - "The hospital is a long ways away - it's a long drive."
ME - "That's true"
TASHA - "I wonder what he looks like?..."
TREY - "It's a LONG drive to Daddy's work."
TAMSYN - "But Mommy does NOT get a baby from Daddy's work!"
ME - "That's true! Well, let's get dressed and go up to my house -- Derek's going to make pancakes - do you guys like pancakes?"
ALL - "Yes!"
TAMSYN - interupting what Trey was about to say "I like this camel, I want to take it with me"
TREY - "TAMSYN! you messed up my words! Rrrrrrrr! I like pancakes!"

after which Tasha helped everyone get dressed - well, Tamsyn decided to stay in her PJ's , and Trey put on a summer tank top and shorts... we managed to make our way downstairs. As I was gathering up my things, I said to Tamsyn, "What do you think your new baby looks like? Do you think he will look like you or Tasha or Trey the most?

TAMSYN - "If he looks like Tasha, he will have LOTS of hair but if he looks like me he won't have lots of hair. Mommy says sometimes babies, when they come out they look like aliens! I hope he's not looking like that!"
ME - "Well, I'm sure you'll see him soon for your self soon..."
TASHA - "We need to feed Scotty, before we leave!"
ME - "ok, can you do that?"
TASHA - "yeah and I have to get socks!"

when Tasha came back down, Trey and Tamsyn found their shoes and coats - but before we could leave...

TASHA says - "We need to make sure to turn off all the lights! My Dad doesn't like lights!"
TAMSYN - "Yeah, Daddy doesn't like lights! I'll turn them off upstairs!"
ME - "Wow, way to be guys"
TREY - "Scotty can see in the dark so he won't need lights"

so many other CUTE things happened amidst all this - but these were some of the things I wrote down... When we got back to our house - Derek made pancakes, Trey played kitchen and made some of the most delicious pretend hot cocoa with whip cream I've ever had - he even made sure to ask me my favorite Disney Princess and then serve it to me in the Belle tea cup! Tasha, Syd and Kaiya set up a 'shop' creating and drawing the cutest "hedgies" - you'll have to ask Tasha about them. Megan and Tamsyn played dress up and colored in her new Star Wars color book. Everyone ate a good breakfast - although it was a late breakfast... And just as we were cleaning up, Jake came to pick everyone up...

another cute side conversation as I was trying to gather everyone's things for Jake - Tasha asked, Megan if she decided which costume she picked for Halloween...
TASHA - "Megan which costume did you pick, the pink costume or the Flamenco Dancer?"
MEGAN - "The Flamingo Dancer - but it doesn't really look that much like a flamingo - it's red and black..."
TASHA - looked at me and then very politly nodded her head and said, "mm - hmm" 


















No comments:

Post a Comment